Seminar: Nonverbal Communication – Body Language etc.
This seminar will be held in English and is aimed at students planning to prepare themselves for presentation or interview situations in Germany, the UK and other European countries who would like to find out more about nonverbal communication (body language, facial expression, gestures, voice etc). The seminar will offer some background information on the role of nonverbal communication, but the focus will be on examples and practical exercises, in which students should be prepared to participate. After looking briefly at how communication works in general, we will establish the role of nonverbal aspects in successful and unsuccessful communication. In the course of this seminar, students‘ individual questions will be dealt with, and students will be encouraged to take part in exercises involving various aspects of nonverbal communication, such as body language, gestures, facial expressions, personal space and using their voice more consciously. Several examples of nonverbal communication will be discussed, and students can train and receive feedback on their own use of nonverbal communication in a series of practical exercises. This seminar will be held in English, but questions can also be formulated in German.
- Understand the meaning of nonverbal communication
- Assess the different types of nonverbal communication and their effects
- Control of body language in interviews and receptions
- Interpret and apply frequently used gestures
- More conscious and impressive use of voice
When: 15. November, 2019, 09:00 a.m. – 05:00 p.m.
Instructor: Rona McGeoch
- After having gained extensive experience in project management and having managed German-English teams, Rona McGeoch now is a lecturer at Hof University of Applied Sciences and an author at one of the leading educational publishers in Germany. She also works as a trainer, coach (negotiations, presentations, …) and consultant for soft skills (effective use of voice, communication training, …) at universities and companies since many years.